after care instructions.
Download a copy of After-Care Instructions here.
What to Expect After the Procedure:
- Total healing process takes six weeks, at which then the true color of the tattoo is evident
Once tattooed, your eyebrows will be much darker in colour for up to two weeks as the initial healing process takes place
Between 3 to 14 days, the darkened tattoo will soften and lighten as scabbing occurs. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost. Wait six weeks to see the true color, and it is only after six weeks that your touch-up can be done
It is not possible to predict the longevity of color retention in the skin, as every person’s skin responds differently to cosmetic tattooing
Swelling is minimal in most cases, but will disappear within 24 hours
You will experience a slight tight feeling around the eyebrows, it may feel just a little tender
Your eyebrow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over
If redness occurs, it will go away within a few hours to 3 days depending on the sensitivity of your skin
How your tattoo heals is dependent on your after care and body chemistry (everyone heals and absorbs the ink differently)
After Care Instructions:
- Gently glide on a thin coat of A&D ointment to your tattoo with a clean Q-tip 2-3 times a day when brows are dry - until all scabs have fallen off naturally
- When applying A&D ointment – less is best! Excessive amounts will not give best results and will prevent the healing process
- Coconut or grape seed oil can also be used
Please Avoid and Refrain from:
- Touching or picking at your brows - it can cause scarring and affect the outcome!
- Getting your eyebrows wet for 14 days
When showering, ensure to avoid the brow area. When washing your face, ensure to avoid your eyebrows and clean around it
- Excessive sweating, swimming and tanning for at least 14 days
- Face scrubs or chemical peels for at least 14 days after
- Wearing makeup on your eyebrows for a minimum for 14 days. Your tattoo is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections!
enjoy the joy of waking up made up!